Definition: The most essential skill in volleyball. You need to take a serve or a 3rd contacted ball and control it with your forearms. Passing is all about controlling the ball to the target or setter. Great Passing is essential to winning matches. Great passing opens up all of our offensive options.
- Star with your Ready Position with Palms facing each other
- Move your feet in order to get your platform under the ball
- Use your "ONE MOTION" and join your hands together properly
- Extend your platform like someone is pulling your arms straight out in front of you
- Look your elbows and rotate them up
- Avoid wasted movements such as swinging
- Star with a balanced and comfortable foundation
- Feet should be at least shoulder width apart, with a heel to toe alignment
- Toes should be pointed forward and feet are ready to move
- Step Through the ball and use your legs and hips to pass
- Call the ball "Loud and Proud"!
- Be vocal and consistent with your calls
- Be confident- You are letting your team know that you are going to make a great play
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Knees bent and comfortable
- Bent at your waist and keep your hands approximately waist height
- Keep your eyes on the ball and make the necessary adjustments